Leadership is at the forefront of global discussions right now. To me, it’s not just about leadership in the present moment, it’s about the legacy.
“You were born with potential. You were born with goodness & trust. You were born with ideals & dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling. So don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” – Rumi
How will your actions impact the future? What is your message? What kind of culture do you want to create?
I loved chatting with Robert Heath about his vision of legacy leadership. He is a passionate and dedicated individual who has visions of creating a legacy of leaders. Robert is a former teacher, lawyer and US marine corps officer about his amazing transition to being an author, empowerment speaker and leadership development coach.
In this episode we talk about:
- Living a life with an enquiring mind,
- Robert’s book,
- What is leadership and what makes a good leader;
- The power of seeking and understand the world through various perspectives;
- Interdependence is the space where interconnectedness and creativity happens; and
- Managing people versus leading people.
Robert’s passion is so evident in this conversation. I love his movement toward legacy leadership. I look forward to seeing what transpires through Robert’s work.
Here are a few thought bomb takeaways:
- Leveraging talent and delegation paves the way to do more in less time and facilitates and foster the growth of others. This is the space where overall exponential growth happens;
- Prioritizing, having clearly defined and communicated systems and boundaries and working from a proactive approach leads to a less stressful, more productive, and dedicated company culture;
- A leader is one who embraces personal growth and cultivates it in others. It is about facilitating the manifestation of the greatness in others; and
- Great leadership embraces the aspect of legacy. As Robert says when we empower people to be their greatest selves, we don’t just change them, we change everybody that gets to benefit from their gift.
FREE GIFT!! Robert has kindly offered the listeners of this podcast a free e-copy of his book: “Why Can’t People Just Do Their Jobs? The Empowering Leader’s Guide to Having More Fulfillment, Less Stress, and Getting the Best Out of Those You Lead.”
I would highly recommend you reach out to Robert and take him up on this kind offer. His email is:
To listen to the podcast on Podbean:
To listen to the podcast on iTunes:
Until next time: Be well. Be inspired. Be You.
Much love, Jessie-Lynn
To reach Robert:
To buy a copy of Robert’s book: