You not only are loved, you ARE love.
What do you think of when you hear self-love? I have been having a lot of beautiful conversations with my clients about this. Like my clients, it’s also a journey I spent a lot of my life in search of. For many years I like so many people thought of self-love as a state to get to. What if you have been looking in the wrong direction? What if your journey is futile? I invite you to consider that YOU ARE LOVE. What if there is no journey to go on nor a place to get to?
In this conversation, my guest Phil Goddard and I are taking a deep dive into the topic of love. Phil is a romantic at heart who has written a couple of books about love. I was intrigued to hear more about his journey, why love and how he brings this into his coaching practice.
In this episode we talk about:
- Why Phil embarked on a journey to understand love;
- What self-love is and what it is not;
- Why life is more enjoyable and fun when we stop searching; and
- The innate wisdom within every human being.
This timing of this conversation was serendipitous as it echoed the conversations I’d been having with my clients. I have seen a change in Phil’s dance with the concept of love over the past few years. It was fun to have the opportunity to connect with him.
Here are a few thought bomb takeaways:
- What would love do? It is a great question when you are stuck, struggling or unsure of something, reflecting on this question can bring more clarity about the situation. It’s the type of inquiry that brings out the best in us;
- Love is something we define through our own personal lens. That lens changes from moment to moment. Knowing that love is an idea allows us to approach it in a lighthearted and fun way;
- When we are feeling stuck, heartbroken, depressed, etc., it is a gift to share that this moment and more so the feelings are transient and will pass; and
- I loved our discussion around the concept of self-love. When you are searching or embarking on a journey of self-love it is really a denial of accepting or embracing the love that is innate and lies within.
To listen to this episode on Podbean:
To listen to this episode on iTunes:
Until next time: Be well. Be inspired. Be You.
To get in touch with Phil: