“Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.”
Working with children is an absolute passion for me. There is magic in each and every child. It’s an honour to be in the presence of children and young people. It’s a gift to have conversations where we get to highlight their wellbeing. In this episode, I chat with Vicky Otter, a former teacher who followed her passion and now works as a wellbeing coach and facilitator. Vicky’s enthusiasm for all she does is evident. Vicky has such a lovely presence.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Running a workshop without a set agenda;
- The power of connection, when you are completely present in the moment, with little attachment to the outcome true connection is powerful.
- All feelings are okay; and
- The benefits of having a ‘come as you are’ conversation.
I’m so happy to have connected with Vicky. She has such a beautiful heart and passion for what she does. It’s nice to exchange ideas and takeaways. This conversation was a beautiful example of the power of connection and the beauty of conversation.
Here are a few thought bomb takeaways:
- There are huge benefits to having a loose agenda for a workshop, doing so creates the opportunity for the participants to explore their own creativity;
- Listen to yourself, that’s where the wisdom is;
- In conversations the speaker often has a purpose in what they are sharing, what we often forget is that the listener will receive the information from their own personal lens – it is through that lens that they will hear the message; and
- The power of connection is immeasurable when you are truly present you give the opportunity for those you work with or are conversing with to feel like they matter. As Vicky said with her pilot project, they came together as strangers and left as friends.
Children are so authentic. Take life with a pinch of sparkle…Best advice ever.
Until next time be well, be inspired, be you.
To listen to this episode on Podbean:
To listen to this episode on iTunes:
To find out more about Vicky: