I am so blessed to connect with and have such beautiful conversations with amazing souls around the world. I never know what will unfold in my conversations and I love that. In my conversation with rebel girl and transformation coach Nicky Bartley, we talk about her journey from suicidal ideation to living a beautiful life.
We cover a lot of ground in this conversation including:
- Living a secret life with stress, depression, suicidal thoughts and attempts;
- Even at rock bottom how you are always okay; and
- When we peel back the layers of the inner critic the beauty of life unfolds.
Here are a few thought bomb takeaways:
- When we create a story of low self-worth and not-enoughness we stay behind the mask. It’s such a heavy place to live. We limit ourselves because we believe the story we have constructed. If we live in this state for long enough it starts to manifest symptomatically in our bodies. When we allow ourselves to drop the mask, we see that the potential and possibilities are limitless;
- When we are feeling off track or off-kilter there is information in that, as Nicky says, your feelings are like a personal alert system. I heard a great metaphor by Dr. Bill Pettit, he referred to our feelings as a personal bio-feedback system. Feelings are not to be avoided, changed, managed, etc. Feelings are a barometer to the quality of your thinking. Nothing more, nothing less. How powerful is that!
- Trying to control and manage our thoughts and feelings is exhausting and keeps us stuck. When we let go of the need to control we move quickly back into the flow; and
- A beautiful life is really simple, even when it’s complicated. The simplicity lies in understanding that life ebbs and flows, thoughts, feelings, experiences of life change moment to moment. There is nothing you need to do but be in the moment.
I’m grateful to know Nicky. She has a special gift and the work she does has an incredible ripple effect. I hope you enjoy this conversation.
To listen on ITUNES:
To listen on Podbean:
Until next time: Be well. Be inspired. Be You.
To reach Nicky: