This month I’m travelling the world vicariously with my guests. Today I am jet setting to Isreal to chat with author, coach and speaker Chana Studley. Chana and I met on a course on Mind, Brain and Body (fabulous course by the way). She survived three separate vicious attacks (rather mindblowing to think about the odds) which led to a period of time suffered debilitating PTSD and severe anxiety, in this episode, we talk about her journey to wellness.
In this information-packed podcast, we take a deep dive into:
- Surviving trauma not once, not twice but three times and our inbuilt resiliency;
- How our body is like a personal alarm system;
- What happens when we let go of our stories; and
- The fascinating connection between the mind and body.
Here are a few thought bomb takeaways:
- You are not your story. When severe trauma happens it is easy to embrace the story and let it define you. It can be difficult to let it go, and when you do, it opens the door to a whole new experience of life;
- We are all born with an innate system that regulates our body. It is also there as a personal alarm to tell us when we are experiencing thoughts that take us away from our wellbeing. This innate system is such a gift. For Chana this personal alarm shut things down after years of being stuck in her trauma and afraid to leave the house;
- Self-esteem is not hard-wired or even constant – it’s based on a story we tell ourselves and others. It feels true, however accepting it as truth and allowing it to define you is what keeps you stuck; and
- The connection between mind, brain and body is fascinating AND life changing. By gaining an understanding of the mind and how we operate as humans we discover a way to tap into our wellbeing from an emotional and physical healing perspective.
I hope you enjoy this conversation. It’s a deep one filled with many nuggets of wisdom.
To listen to the episode on iTunes:
To listen to the episode on Podbean:
Happy Friday you beautiful souls. Until next time: Be well. Be inspired. Be You.
To reach Chana:
To learn more about Chana’s FB group:
To purchase Chana’s book (which I highly recommend):